In recent months, arbitration has been associated with acts of corruption in Latin America, both in terms of dispute settlement and undue acts within the process. This has led to legislative reforms in the design of the process, a deep discussion on the role of arbitrators facing allegations of corruption and a search for solutions for a more transparent arbitration market.
Taking into account these concerns, Bullard Falla Ezcurra + and Universidad del Pacífico have organized the event "The Dark Side of Arbitration: Solutions" (“El Lado Oscuro del Arbitraje: Soluciones”).
The event will feature the participation of renowned international and national experts who will provide different perspectives on the relationship between corruption and arbitration, discuss with each other and promote different solutions.
The key speakers at the event are Catherine Rogers and Christopher Drahozal, Directors of Arbitrator Intelligence, a collaborative network that promotes transparency and diversity through the exchange of information, such as awards, court decisions and, especially, opinions on arbitrators collected through surveys. In addition, Alfredo Bullard and Huáscar Ezcurra, of the Bullard Falla Ezcurra + law firm and Fernando Cantuarias, Dean of the School of Law at Universidad del Pacífico, will be the keynote speakers.
The event will also have renowned international experts such as Roberto Abusada, Jennifer Permesly (United States), Xavier Andrade (Ecuador), Juan Manuel Marchán (Ecuador), Humberto Sáenz (El Salvador), Roberto Abusada, Julio César Perez, María del Carmen Tovar, Cecilia O'Neill, among others.
- Registration fee per participant
Early registration: S / 450.00
Regular registration: S/600.00
- Corporate discount 20% (10 people or more)
Early registration: S/360.00
Regular registration: S/480.00
- UP community 30% (Alumni, faculty, graduate school and CEE)
Early registration: S/315.00
Regular registration: S/420.00
- University students in general (UNDERGRADUATE SCHOOL)
Early registration: S/270.00
Regular registration: S/360.00
1. Early registration applies until June 2. Regular registration applies from June 3.
2. The registration fee includes: materials to be handed out, certificate of participation, simultaneous translation, coffee breaks and valet parking service.
3. Lunch is not included.
4. In case of cancellation, only 75% of the fee will be refunded due to administrative expenses.
5. There is no refund if you do not attend the event without prior cancellation.
For more information write to: firstname.lastname@example.org